What possibilities do I have to continue to supply myself with media?
- All digital media of the UB Braunschweig are available to TU members and members of the TU as usual. Access can often be made via Shibboleth and where not possible via VPN. In addition to electronic publications, numerous databases are accessible worldwide, regardless of location.
- For media that are not digitally available, you can submit an acquisition proposal. For media that are available in printed form but cannot be borrowed at present, we are considering the acquisition as e-book.
Is the UB still accessible?
- For questions and tips you can reach us from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 16:30 via email@example.com or via our social media channels on Twitter and Instagram or this blog.
Which electronic media (e-books and e-journals) do I have access to?
- You will find all e-media permanently licensed by the UB in our catalogue. Currently, due to special regulations, there are the following additional possibilities:
Access to the database „Juris Professionell“ is also possible from home via VPN (until 15 June 2020).
Can I currently borrow or return media?
- No physical media can currently be ordered, borrowed or returned.
- Please do not return media by post.
Can/must I extend media and will I still be reminded?
- All borrowed media can be extended indefinitely via your online user account.
- Reminders for the UB’s own holdings will be suspended for the duration of the closing time, as will those for interlibrary loans.
- Please do not return books until the library is open again. This also applies if you have already received a reminder.
I have reserved books. Will the reservation remain?
- Existing reservations for borrowed media are retained.
- Borrowed items will be available for you until one week after the library reopens.
Can I still order books via interlibrary loan?
- You can no longer place inter-library loans. This will only be possible again when the library is open again.
I would like to exmatriculate myself and need a discharge note.
- Please contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. After checking on our part, we will send the required information to the Admissions Office to prepare your exmatriculation.
I would like to hand in my dissertation. How can I do this?
- It is still possible to hand in your thesis by post or on weekdays between 9 and 12 o’clock at the TU’s post office. Further information can be found on the page of the dissertation office.
I have booked a training or guided tour. Will it take place?
- All trainings, workshops, guided tours and consulting appointments during closing hours are cancelled.
Do Citavi courses take place?
- No, currently there are no courses taking place at the university. Accordingly, the UB does not offer any courses. When teaching is resumed, the University Library will again offer Citavi courses. If this results in a greater demand for training places, we will offer additional courses.
I attended a course with UB participation. Can I still pick up my vouchers at the UB information desk?
- No, unfortunately this is not possible during the prescribed closing time of the University Library. In urgent cases you can reach us via email@example.com. We will send the certificate to the examination office or confirm the participation by email.
As a lecturer I need support in providing literature for a course. Who can I contact?
- We are happy to provide electronically licensed media and scan printed material for you that is not yet available electronically. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org